Count the Countdowns: The Past 3 Halloween Top 13s
13. Friday the 13th part 1: Mother knows best!
12. Transylvania 6-5000 (1985) The Grandaddy of the horror-comedy.
11. Zombi 2 (1979) Zombie vs Shark vs Awesome Decision: Draw
10. The Bride of Frankenstien (1935) Some marriages are a scream.
9. Fright Night (1985) No Farrell, No Dr. Who, all classic goodness.
8. Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) - The Worst movie everyone should love.
7. Basket Case (1982) What's in the basket? The number 7 movie on the countdown
6 Hellraiser (1987) Jesus wept cause this movie is so good.
5. Madhouse (1974) - Vincent Price + giallo lite = Happiness.
4. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Freddy when he was scary.
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968) - The dead rise for the first time.
2. Army of Darkness (1992) - Give me some sugar baby.
1. Dracula (1931) - You can't beat Bela.
The next year the Halloween Top 13 returned as
13. House 2: The Second Story (1987) Move in and freak out!
12. Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988) Pinhead is back and he's ready to get to the point.
11. Halloween III: Season of the Witch - The movie everyone loves to wonder why people hate.
10. Troll 2 (1990) THE Best Worst Movie
9. Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers - The Boss' sis gets murderous!
8. Phantasm II (1988) A movie with real balls.
7. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1988) - Like Mother, like son.
6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre II - Hopper vs. Leatherface = Bliss
5 Nightmare on Elm Street III: The Dream Warriors- Extra points for Don Dokken.
4. The Devil's Rejects (2005) Tutti fucking fruity.
3. Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn (1987) Same story, bigger budget, still made the list/
2. Aliens (1986) Competition against this film is game over, man.
1. Dawn of the Dead (1978) When there's no more room in hell, Romero will make a great flick about it.
And then last year I stitched together the monster known as
13. Friday the 13th (2009) - Jason reboots, does chores, kills people.
12 House on Haunted Hill (1999) - There's no Vincent Price, but Geoffrey Rush's Mr. Price is close.
11. The Hills Have Eyes (2006) - And so do I for Aja's remake.
10. The Crazies (2010) - Seth Bullock vs. zombies. I'm in.
9. Night of the Living Dead (1990) -It will never replace the original, but it keeps coming.
8. Body Snatchers (1993) Abel Ferrara amps up the paranoia in this Invasion remake.
7. The Ring (2002) I watch too many video tapes for this to not mess with my mind.
6. Cape Fear (1991) De Niro channels Robert Mitchum and kills
5. Dawn of the Dead (2004) As hipsters would say, I was liking Zack Snyder before it was cool and then no longer cool anymore.
4. The Blob (1988) It took a ton of special effects to replace one Steve McQueen.
3. Nosferatu, Phanton der Nacht (1979) Kinski and Herzog remake Murnau's classic.
2. The Fly (1986) Beware arm puking.
1. The Thing (1982) The O.G. remake. Accept so substitutes. (Or Prequels)
And that brings us up to date. Join me back here tomorrow for #13 on this year's countdown and each day for another until Halloween day. Don't forget you can be a part as well, click here to find out how!